Friday, 2 September 2011

khawatir


Dear Prof,
I want to use the chance to meet you today to discuss my concern:
1.       I am a bit worry of myself. I have been 2 ½ months here, and I haven’t produce any writing. As you said to me, that the main indicator for assessing the quality of a postdoc is publications.
o   I  am thinking myself that I have been using my time for learning here. Let me say, I am not wasting my time. But it may be something wrong. Writing is still like “climbing a big mountain”, the same feeling when I was doing my PhD study, up and down. But you know, that I often spent my time in the library/my office from 8am to 10pm. I realised that I must work much harder than other people.
2.       My hope that this is a real chance for me to learn from you how to write, how to get publish. But now, it is nearly 3 months and I haven’t done any writing. I think, I am a bit nervous or stressful in thinking this.
3.       I have been thinking that whatever I am doing here, it should be turned into papers. For example, learners workbook analysis should be framed into an article; integers PD should also be analysed for a paper; the interview analysis is also for a publications. I really want to hear from you some strategies that I need to apply. I am not confident. I really need to learn from you what I can do to have publications. I am sure, it is a big failure if I finish my postdoc without any publications, even though I use my time here to learn many new things.
4.        I decide that I have to talk with you about this, because I truly believe, you have facilitated many different people with different challenges and even everybody knows that you have produced so many qualified researchers. Kaye Stacey, Bill Atweh, Merrilyn, Paul Cobb, all said that I am very fortunate, having this chance, to work closely with you.
5.       Sometimes, I am quite ambitious and I am very detailed. This is my strength but also my weaknesses. The weaknesses is that I am thinking too much, wanting to do many things at the same time. I don’t know. I am hoping very much that you can help me in my learning how to publish.
I think, this is the best thing to discuss for today.
Kind regards,
Sitti

No comments:

Post a Comment