Dear Mercy,
How are you?
I have been working with Jill for 2 months now.
It's enjoyable and challenging. I have learned a lot here.
By the way. I am trying to submit my abstract but this line seems very busy, so I haven't been succesful submit it yet.
I want to present some of my finding from my PhD study and Jill provides me funding for this.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Kind regards,
Sitti
Sitti Maesuri Patahuddin, PhD.
Lecturer of Mathematics Department, The State University of Surabaya, Indonesia
Postdoctoral fellow at Wits Math Connect, School of Education, University of the Witwatersrand,
Johannesburg, South Africa
From: mkazima <mkazima@chanco.unima.mw>
To: sitti maesuri <s_maesuri@yahoo.com.au>
Sent: Monday, 7 March 2011 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: post doc with Jill Adler
Dear Sitti,
I got your email and the second one today. Sorry I have been very busy and not able to
respond immediately.
Indeed I did my postdoc with Jill and it was a very good experience. I learnt a lot
from her and the University in general. My work with Jill has contributed a lot to my
sucessful careerer as a mathematics educator.
I went to Johannesburg for the postdoc in 2004 and returned to Malawi in 2005. As you
can see its now more than 5 years ago so I will not be able to advise you well about
living costs now and accommodation situation. However, I can tell you that I had my
baby with me and was able to rent a flat, pay for creche and our living costs from the
money I got from the postdoc fellowship.
Jill's personal assistant organised my accommodation for the first three months - this
was a university flat. While there, I managed to get a cheaper flat close to the
university.
As I said already, the experience was very rewarding for me and I strongly recommend
the postdoc.
Best wishes,
Mercy
have been able toOn Fri, 4 Mar 2011 04:43:22 -0800 (PST), sitti maesuri wrote
> Dear Mercy Kazima,
>
> Let me introduce myself.
> I am Sitti from Indonesia. my Phd is from the University of Queensland
> Australia.
>
> I know you from reading Jill's profile.
> Then I read your inspiring writing
> at http://commonwealthwomensvoices.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/mercy-kazima/
> Thank you very much.
> This is another story to tell to my students to motivate them that girls could
> also face the challenges situations.
>
> By the way, I am going to do a postdoc study under Jill's supervision in June
> this year.
> You might be able to help me, giving me information about the possibility to
> go there with my family, particularly about the living cost for a family (my
> husband and 2 children (9 and 12 years old))
>
> Also about good choices for finding accomodations in Johannesburg.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> Regards,
> Sitti
--
Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)
To: sitti maesuri <s_maesuri@yahoo.com.au>
Sent: Monday, 7 March 2011 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: post doc with Jill Adler
Dear Sitti,
I got your email and the second one today. Sorry I have been very busy and not able to
respond immediately.
Indeed I did my postdoc with Jill and it was a very good experience. I learnt a lot
from her and the University in general. My work with Jill has contributed a lot to my
sucessful careerer as a mathematics educator.
I went to Johannesburg for the postdoc in 2004 and returned to Malawi in 2005. As you
can see its now more than 5 years ago so I will not be able to advise you well about
living costs now and accommodation situation. However, I can tell you that I had my
baby with me and was able to rent a flat, pay for creche and our living costs from the
money I got from the postdoc fellowship.
Jill's personal assistant organised my accommodation for the first three months - this
was a university flat. While there, I managed to get a cheaper flat close to the
university.
As I said already, the experience was very rewarding for me and I strongly recommend
the postdoc.
Best wishes,
Mercy
have been able toOn Fri, 4 Mar 2011 04:43:22 -0800 (PST), sitti maesuri wrote
> Dear Mercy Kazima,
>
> Let me introduce myself.
> I am Sitti from Indonesia. my Phd is from the University of Queensland
> Australia.
>
> I know you from reading Jill's profile.
> Then I read your inspiring writing
> at http://commonwealthwomensvoices.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/mercy-kazima/
> Thank you very much.
> This is another story to tell to my students to motivate them that girls could
> also face the challenges situations.
>
> By the way, I am going to do a postdoc study under Jill's supervision in June
> this year.
> You might be able to help me, giving me information about the possibility to
> go there with my family, particularly about the living cost for a family (my
> husband and 2 children (9 and 12 years old))
>
> Also about good choices for finding accomodations in Johannesburg.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> Regards,
> Sitti
--
Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)
No comments:
Post a Comment