Tuesday, 16 August 2011

ICT for learning

My husband told me that through Fida’s workbook, he knew that Fida made some mistakes for her multiplication.

I am sure, this doesn’t mean that she is not good in math. She may not understand the teacher explanation yet.

I would like to know what types of mistakes. I want to ask my husband to send some of the copies of her work.

 

The most important, This led me to search for website in youtube because I am sure there are some videos about it.

And that is true.

I found many good video at the following websites.

But because I know giving the website for her is not save. You know! Therefore I can just download it using keepvid. It’s free.

The website: http://keepvid.com/

Then we copy the URL of the video into it and click download.

 

Maka akan muncul pilihan. Pilihlah tipe yang terbesar, in this case I always choose MP4.

Here are the websites.

 

Multiplication 4: 2-digit times 1-digit number

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYYYc7ygd38&feature=relmfu

Multiplication 5: 2-digit times a 2-digit number

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8m0NalQtEk&feature=relmfu

Multiplication 6: Multiple Digit Numbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h3Oqhl8fPg&feature=relmfu

Multiplication 7: Old video giving more examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k3aWF6_b4w&feature=relmfu

Speed Math: Amazingly fast!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEyJhMVzUKs&feature=related

math is so easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHNPfoyPFY&feature=related

Multiplication Math Made Simple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtWhd4x9DAM&NR=1

Amazing Math Multiplication Trick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOYuEUkE06I&NR=1

Multiply with Lines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m-_YROwAac&feature=related

 

Nah karena ukuran video ini besar, maka untuk mengirimnya tentu agak sulit. Oleh karena itu saya akan memanfaatkan dropbox

Once I am able to download it, I can then share the files with my husband.

 

Hal lain yang bias dilakukan adalahmembuat blog khusus untuk saya dan suami dalam membantu Fika dan Fida belajar dan sifatnya tidak untuk public.

 

Hal lain lagi yang dapat saya lakukan adalah membaca artikel tentang perkalian. Bagaimana membantu anak bias mengali.

 

Untuk saat ini, saya berfikir bahwa tidak apa-apa anak belajar perkalian tanpa memahaminya asal dia mengikuti prosedurnya hingga dia bias lancer karena hal ini diperlukan.

Tapi tentunya kita tetap perlu mengajarkan konsep. Kita belum tahu persis, mudah mana belajar konsep dulu atau prosedur dulu.

Yang pasti untuk pengalaman pribadi saya, saya belajar prosedur, belakangan saya jadi paham

 

Hal lain lagi adalah, Fika tidak saya ajarkan konsep, tetapi dia banyak dilatih oleh gurunya (drill) dan ternyata hasilnya sangat lumayan.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment