Tuesday, 21 February 2012

FW: need feedback on a probability blog

From: Sitti Patahuddin
Sent: 11 October 2011 01:38 AM
To: Jill Adler
Cc: Craig Pournara
Subject: need feedback on a probability blog

 

Dear Prof and Craig,

I have been thinking a lot about how to support teachers. We have a very challenging project.
And I agree with you, there is none single way that appropriate for every teachers.
However, I found that some of our teachers seems promising, having willingness to learn more maths. But, it may happen that some of them cannot afford it to come to our workshop.
Even, if they joined, for example our probability workshops (only 6 hours), I am very sure, that they are not enough in assisting teachers to be very confident in teaching probability unless if they want to learn by themselves. They need to learn in their own time and their own pace.
Therefore, I tried to do one thing, exploring websites about probability. Then, I created a blog to locate these websites.

The website is:
http://probability-sa.blogspot.com

I do hope, you have a chance to look at it and please give me feedback.
You yourself can actually post something there, just by emailing to sittipatahuddin.prob@blogger.com.
Please email something to this address, then refresh this website. You can see your posting. We can modify it easily.
I myself found this simple so I can use this technique to write my digital diary. I can write my diary any where (while waiting for the bus, on the way, at school) simply by email and it is published. Later I could edit.


But I certainly made the blog private for personal use, so it cannot be tracked or searched via google.
Please have a look. This could be a useful tool for our project or one way to assist our teachers and learners.

Wow, I must go to bed now. It’s nearly 2am and I am not sleepy at all doing thisJ

 

I haven’t finished it but let see how you think about this


Kind regards,

Sitti

 

No comments:

Post a Comment