Monday, 27 February 2012

FW: For our next discussion

From: Sitti Patahuddin
Sent: 27 February 2012 11:05 PM
To: Jill Adler
Subject: For our next discussion

 

Dear Prof,

We may need to make an explicit plan for my work to help me optimising my time about 4 more months. (my contract will end in June 14, 2012)

My list below might help you in assisting me. You are very well-experienced so I am very sure you know what is better.

These all came into my mind. Hope we can have time to discuss this on Thursday.

What I should finish before going back to Indonesia. What do you think?

·         Developing an article for a special issue ZDM (Social production of MKfT)

·         Developing an article for a local Journal (it could be South African journal or an Indonesian Journal – English version). Is it visible? I have no idea yet how? I spent time quite a lot in surveying the literature but not sure if it helps.

·         Writing and submit Paper 1 for ICME (April 10, 2012 On-line submission of final paper)

·         Writing and Submit Paper 2 for ICME (April 10, 2012 On-line submission of final paper)

·         Developing a framework for analysing the videos of maths teaching practices (it’s about DMJ)

·         Working on JRME (it depends on the review process)

·         Participating on the Transition Math 1 if needed (2 days in March and 2 days in May)

·         Updating the endnote library (ongoing process until the End of my postdoc).

·         Preparing the slides/presentation for ICME conference.

·         Clarifying with Thato (CNS), how I could use my endnote library in Indonesia and how to transfer Nvivo from this laptop to my dekstop in Indonesia and back up my email from my staff account.

·         Writing a report of my postdoc works by the end of my postdoc.

·         Writing a report of my postdoc for my Head of Department and Rector Unesa.

·         Copy my File document from this laptop to an external hardisk.

·         Book a ticket for going home – with Lorraine.

The main skills that I am hoping to develop in the last 4 months are: writing an article (including writing a review article-not a research article), qualitative data analysis (including Nvivo), how to analyse videos of teaching practices [to understand better teachers’ mathematical judgement].

I think, From January, I have learned many things from the works that you asked me to do. Thanks so much.

I am also hoping that I will also have publications as the product of my postdoctoral study (Hope JRME will be accepted), and hope I could have at least one publication co-author with Prof Jill Adler.

Thanks so much for all your guidance and your supervision.

I have so many limitations in my learning but I am always willing to learn and I really enjoy learning from you.

Kind regards,

Sitti

 

No comments:

Post a Comment