Wednesday, 9 November 2011

My paper

Dear Merrilyn and Shelley,
I think I've made a very good progress in my writing. I am very clear about what I am arguing. I also feel that this is written nicely. I would say that this 90% done. But now I'm really stuck in shorten it. I need to reduce 2 more pages.

Another think, I am not sure yet whether I will be a single author. It seems, there is an issue about the policy since the affiliation is not Wits. Jill told me that she never put her name in her students' paper unless he worked on shaping/writing that paper. But now he is considering to be co author. But she also said to me, it also depends on how much of his contribution in finalizing this paper.
She indeed assisted me a lot in shaping this.
But I am confused about the rule. It says that the affiliation is the institution of where this study was conducted.
But I found in JRME, someone who used her current institution, and just noted the Univ of her doctoral such as below.

To be honest, for myself, I don't mind at all if your name and Jill are co-authors, because I cannot do anything without you huge support. But my impression is that you always want to avoid and reject to be co-authors for my thesis. I wonder if you thinks my future career.

By the way, let me send this paper, in case, you are available to give me feedback before I send this to Jill this Sunday.

Regards,
Sitti
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment