Sunday, 27 November 2011

Ideas ICT paper

The genesis of my PhD research came from my personal experiences where I took advantages from a very limited access to the Internet. It enabled me to access resources and communicated to other experts in overseas. I then asked myself how could teachers use it for their professional development.

Since the internet access was very limited in Indonesia in 2004, I decided to conduct my study in Australian primary school where access has been available. I eventually conducted an ethnography study to explore how could the Internet be optimised for teacher PD. I worked with a teacher who integrated, using it for professional learning and integrating it in her classroom in daily basis even though only two computers were connected to the Internet (See Patahuddin, 2006). I then worked with another primary school teacher who have much more well-resourced, with 4 computers in the classroom and all connected to the Internet with relatively fast connection. However this teacher had not used it, he even admitted that accessing Internet was time consuming. I ended working with him for 8 months using ethnographic intervention, meaning, promoting the Internet in a natural setting (See Patahuddin, 2008; 2010).
This research shows that ..... (Patahuddin, 2008)

Another question, what are then the implication of this study for Indonesian context.

Internet growth has been fast in many country (ref). This is also happened in Indonesia. Even though, it is difficult to have data about ..... But I can notice this from ...... My visting to several schools confirmed that many students ever access Internet even though the dominant I notices was chatting, facebook. They have as a part of ICT lesson. No learners used it for learning maths. Math teachers that I asked also did not know about it.

Anothet situation, a new policy ....
Even though I personally disagree with this, realising the complexity of math teaching and language could be a significant barriers (ref), the teachers at schools responded in many ways, such as seeking help for ... Designing lesson plan, focused on how to open the lesson, how to communicate, what were the English .... Many fact that were funny, e.g. In triabgle, the same feet as the translation of "sama kaki".

One criteria ..... The many training how to use the ICT, browsing, emailing,

So what Sitti.
Cerita menarik, tapi pelajaran apa yang Anda ingin sampaikan.
Apa kelanjutan ceritanya.


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment